Rotaflow Controls Inc., is a well-established engineering, design, construction, retrofit and maintenance company. It specializes in Fire Protection, Electrical and Instrumentation Systems. It has been working with leading Oil and Gas companies on small and large-scale projects in Alberta as well as other locations across Canada. To support its aggressive growth strategy, it is seeking a “Payroll & Benefits Administrator” possessing extensive payroll experience.
This new addition to our payroll team will be based in our Edmonton Office and under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. This position will be responsible for the accuracy of hourly and salary payrolls. Payroll will be processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with established practices and legislation guidelines.
- Create and maintain employee records.
- Liaise with project managers regarding staff and contract changes;
- Process hourly and salary payroll, garnishments, deductions accurately and efficiently;
- Answer employee inquiries providing a high level of customer service;
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Perform meticulous and accurate data entry and calculations;
- Complete ROEs as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Self-directed, task and goal oriented;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated willingness to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll, preference given to individuals with high volume construction, project and manufacturing industry experience;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation.
- Intermediate level of Sage 50 is a requirement.
- Microsoft Office products with specific strengths in Excel and Outlook.