Salary: $45.00 to $55.00 /hour
Rotaflow Controls Inc., a privately held Canadian owned company, is a well-established engineering, design, construction, retrofit and maintenance company. It specializes in Fire & Water Fire Prevention/Suppression Systems along with Electrical and Instrumentation Systems. It has been working with industry leading Oil and Gas companies on small and large-scale projects in Alberta, Canada, as well as other locations across Canada. To compliment its aggressive growth strategy, it is seeking to fill the role of Underground Coordinator. We are looking for an industry experienced individual who will hit the ground running.
The project coordinator helps the Superintendent manage resources and information. This responsibility includes but not limited to Managing communication between superintendent and team members, coordinating materials/tools/equipment and handling all paperwork. Also, the coordinator is responsible for keeping the site safe and promote health and safety at all times.
- Assist with Rotaflow EHS team to ensure all safety methods and procedures are in place.
- Help supervisor to ensure all team members are informed of the hazards around their assigned tasks and train them all required corrective and preventive actions that should be taken.
- Work with the superintendent to provide sufficient and appropriate PPE for field staff.
- Report all safety issues and potential hazards to safety or EHS team in a timely manner.
- Help the superintendent in providing adequate documents and information regarding to incidents/investigation.
- Coordinate all permits and ensure all required documents are obtained regarding the scope of work (SOW).
- Be aware of all client needs and coordinate daily workload based on SOW/needs. If project schedule is available, The Coordinator needs to ensure that all daily activities comply with the schedule.
- Make sure the last version of documents like procedures, drawings, and specifications are available at site at any time. \
- Coordinate all construction and operational activities and ensure optimum performance.
- Help the superintendent to make sure all employees and subcontractors receive a site orientation.
- Provide suitable quality control and make sure work is done based on project criteria. (QA/QC)
- Use appropriate computer software to monitor working hours, equipment in use, and contractor/suppliers’ team at site in a daily manner.
- Manage and keep all paperwork at site and make sure all documents are filled in a proper way.
- Provide daily report and progress report and make sure the superintendent is updated about the progress of the project.
- Ensure all field employees and subcontractors are adhering to the Rotaflow policies.
- Enforce field expectations that field staff arrive to work on time and adhere to all Client and Rotaflow policies.
- Ensure all Field staff keep the workplace organized and clean and put all work tools and machines back in the original place at the end of day.
- Make sure all company and rental tools and vehicle are kept clean and washed.
- Communicate with the superintendent about discipline issues with field staff
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a project coordinator or similar role
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to interpret flowcharts, schedules, and project documents
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- 5+ years previous coordination experience in the oil and gas industry with
- Strong focus on operations and business processes
- Able to identify key issues; can creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office